Wednesday 7 January 2015

Tree -my first painting with acrylic paints.


My tree painting. Its a bit crude. I found an old frame for it and this seems to help it a bit.


A friend bought me a lovely set of Windsor & Newton acrylic paints and paint brushes for Christmas. The tubes of paint are lovely little objects in themselves and I love their poetic names-raw umber, titanium white, yellow ochre, mars black. I must admit I found them a little intimidating as I knew opening them and squeezing out the paint would bring me up against my perfectionist tendencies.
This morning I had a go at painting. I began with the background then thought I'd do a self-portait. Big mistake, I painted over that and then had the idea of painting a tree and here's the result. I enjoyed the process the faster I worked -mixing and applying the paint quickly without too much deliberation.

No comments:

Post a Comment