Monday 29 June 2015

Eye of the beholder

'Eye of the beholder' collage by Paul Vallance.
I made this collage at the Jung Art Making Group. Usually when I make collages at home my cutting is quite precise, with this one I took less care. I'm never that keen on collages that feature cut out eyes and mouths, it seems such a cliche but with this one I found myself doing just that, and the whole thing then seemed to form around one eye and one mouth. I did the red, white and blue painted background as a separate full page painiting before making any of the collage. When it came to the end of the viewing someone in the group suggested the painting would frame the collage well-so I've stuck the two together. At the moment the collage is pinned to the boiler in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment